[opendtv] Re: How About Portable ATSC Receivers?

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 23:46:37 -0500

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

>For your info, those super receivers that were
>supposed to have been available by last quarter
>never materialized in production form. Bob Miller is
>trying hard to figure out why.
>
>Bert

I found out why.

Dear Bob Miller,

The price of the 5th generation VSB chip is almost same as that of the 4th
generation. Furthermore VSB portion is a little of a material
cost of STB. Major portion come from HD decoder/CPU chip and can-type tuner.

The STB business division of LGE launched a few STB models in the USA market
but they retreated from the STB busniess due to little profit.

I will do my every best to help XXXXXXXXX or any manufacturers providing STB to
you using our 5th generation VSB chip enhancing the reception
performance of their STB.

Best regards.

XXXX XXXX XXXX
DTV Laboratory LGE,