[muglo] Re: Constitution

  • From: Mary Read <m.k.read@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 10:39:48 -0500

As a relatively new and heretofore 'inactive' member, but one who
reads posts with interest and culls very helpful information from
them, I would like to voice a concern about the present discussion
regarding which members should "qualify" to vote. It seems to me that
some of those who are able to regularly attend meetings are
suggesting that the group excludes those that cannot. Not only that,
but to possibly exclude those who do not regularly contribute to
posts. A spreadsheet to tally questions and answers supplied to
streams? Yikes. Talk about shades of big brother!

There are any number of reasons that would make it difficult, if not
impossible, for the majority of members to attend meetings.
"Lurkers," as we have been called in this stream, are every bit as
interested in the community's concerns as those who have chosen, or
are able to be, more active. Access to public discussion in an online
venue is the primary reason I became a member, and I am concerned
that a possible next step would be to exclude entirely from
membership those users that choose not to engage on a level others
deem "active."

Perhaps they're just shy :)

Enjoying the discussion,
Mary