[muglo] Re: Constitution

  • From: "Susan N. Dunbar" <sndunbar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 07:57:21 -0500

Sorry my last note was sent by error ... it should have been:

Why fool around with the constitution as it is marked?:

http://www.freewebs.com/muglo/Constitution.html ?

>> 4.0 Quorums of the Muglo membership shall consist of the Muglo
>> membership in the current Muglo List, provided that at least two
>> weeks' notice is given to the Muglo membership that a voting
>> process will be performed on the Muglo List. Quorums of the Muglo
>> Executive shall consist of the majority of the current Officers.

as stated in the constitution a quorum of the membership is the full
membership.

I think that this is as it should be for business of the group.

As we are an online group then any business is conducted online with
everyone who is in the membership list is able to vote.

Any votes that are held then require just a simple majority of the
total group to either pass or be defeated.

Checking to see if all who are registered are still interested in
being members might be prudent but not necessary in my opinion.

Sorry for the confusion of my previous message ... my kitten was
walking over my keys as I was composing the message.

Susan