[muglo] Re: Constitution

  • From: Gerhard Kuhn <gerhardk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 23:51:30 -0500

Robert's Rules of Order do not disallow setting the number required
for a forum.

Here a quote from Robert's Rules that I believe would apply to our
situation:
"In all ordinary societies the by-laws should provide for a quorum as
large as can be depended upon for being present at all meetings when
the weather is not exceptionally bad. In such an assembly the chairman
should not take the chair until a quorum is present, or there is no
prospect of there being a quorum. The only business that can be
transacted in the absence of a quorum is to take measures to obtain a
quorum, to fix the time to which to-adjourn, and to adjourn, or to
take a recess. Unanimous consent cannot be given when a quorum is not
present, and a notice given then is not valid. In the case of an
annual meeting, where certain business for the year, as the election
of officers, must be attended to during the session, the meeting
should fix a time for an adjourned meeting and then adjourn."
Gerhard
gerhardk@xxxxxxx