[muglo] Re: Constitution

  • From: Paul Thomas <paul_thomas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 18:01:00 -0400

I have now read through all the messages in this thread which has
'wandered lonely as a cloud' and feel that a lot of the problem is on
the question of "What are we?" Currently we are an 'on-line group'
who can hold meetings as required and this is what should define a
membership as all members cannot make meetings (as required) and
should not feel different because they don't go to meetings for
whatever reason.  In this case any size of forum should be based on
all active users of the list.

If it is considered desirable to go back to the previous format of
having regular formal meetings in which case the quorum might be
based on meeting attendance - if this is what is desired - and a new
Constitution would have to be drawn up and voted upon (by email) by
the current quorum.

Frankly, I think a lot is being made out of all this as it is rare
that we have even had a vote - even Executive elections have not
required a vote as we are lucky to get a nomination for each position!!!

This has at least made for a lot of messages but I am not sure that
it is any nearer to an answer until we decide what type of group we
want to be - online or regular meetings.  Remember that when we had
regular meetings we had a membership fee to cover the cost of meeting
halls which was one of the reasons for switching and we were only
getting about 15 members at a meeting so that it was considered not
worth holding general meetings - just allowing for SIGs as desired...

Paul