[muglo] Re: Computer Shutdown

  • From: Eric Dunbar <eric.dunbar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 07:46:27 -0500

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 21:09:55 -0500, Bob McDaniel <mcdaniel@uwo> wrote:

> Thu Mar  3 17:59:37 2005
>       Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
>          com.aladdinsys.nke.NetBlockade(25.0)@0x13ce1000
> *********
>
> Thu Mar  3 20:44:10 2005
>       Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
>          com.aladdinsys.nke.NetBlockade(25.0)@0x12d83000
>
> *********
>
> Fri Mar  4 12:56:58 2005
>
>       Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):
>          com.aladdinsys.nke.NetBlockade(25.0)@0x12d89000
> *********

Bob, methinks we've found the culprit!!! It seems that Aladdin's
Internet Cleaner is causing your crashes. Unless you're happy with
kernel panics, I'd get rid of it. Although, if you use some of its
other features, you don't necessarily need to completely eliminate it.
Just turn off the "net blockade" feature in its preferences (I presume
it has a preferences pane or application).

When did you install it? Or, have you perhaps recently enabled a feature?

To get rid of it I'd download the installer application. Usually
installers are also un-installers. Alternately, check the "Aladdin
Internet Cleaner" folder (if it exists) for an uninstaller app or go
to Aladdin's website (whatever they're called now) and see if
instructions are available on how to uninstall the package (there's a
chance that simple drag-n-drop won't get rid of the offending code).

Eric.