[muglo] Re: Computer Shutdown

  • From: Mary <iMary@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 00:06:12 -0500

At 10:46 PM -0500 3/4/05, Bob McDaniel wrote:

>Sorry about the red highlighting bit - forgot that what leaves my
>computer may not be what recipients actually receive.

Understood, I think. You had set some of the text to be red-coloured
when you composed the email, right? So, the email would have been in
HTML/RTF format. It would appear then, that our list server is set up
to convert all submissions to the list to plain text; I don't think
I've ever seen HTML mail posted here. (And FWIW, I have my mail
program set up so that it will only display plain text anyway, so I,
for one, would not have seen any colour even if the list server had
sent the HTML mail. :-)

>  Anyway the
>section concerned was dated Fri Mar  4 12:56:58 2005 -  the same section
>where you found the Aladdin ref. Certainly the appearance of its open
>folder on the desktop after rebooting pointed to it as a likely source
>of the problem. What puzzles me, however, is that I have not actually
>done anything with it, though I have opened it out of curiosity. I shall
>now remove it.

Mmm, yes, I would recommend removing. Not really confirmed that
Aladdin is the cause of the kernel panic, but that log entry sure
points to it. Let's see if your probs go away with this app.

>Is there anything I should do over and above simply trashing the
>Internet Cleaner folder and its contents?

Yeah, seems like you're gonna have to search and destroy some stuff.
Looks like you can/should/ start by running the installer" and
selecting the "uninstall" option. Take a look here at Tech Support's
Forum where "Cody" outlines removal procedure.
<http://support.allume.com/techsupport/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19>

  Mary