[muglo] Re: Computer Shutdown

  • From: Bob McDaniel <mcdaniel@xxxxxx>
  • To: muglo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 22:46:02 -0500

Mary wrote:
> Ermmm, not clear what you mean by "highlighted in red", but,
> whatever... :-)
>
>So, I just lifted this particular line from the log:
>
>"com.aladdinsys.nke.NetBlockade(25.0)@0x13ce1000"
>
>So, it looks like the Aladdin Internet app thing may be the culprit.
>If so, it doesn't surprise me, Aladdin's reputation has been
>declining for a while. I agree with Eric that the app is of
>questionable utility and may interfere with operations.
>
>  Mary

Sorry about the red highlighting bit - forgot that what leaves my
computer may not be what recipients actually receive. Anyway the
section concerned was dated Fri Mar  4 12:56:58 2005 -  the same section
where you found the Aladdin ref. Certainly the appearance of its open
folder on the desktop after rebooting pointed to it as a likely source
of the problem. What puzzles me, however, is that I have not actually
done anything with it, though I have opened it out of curiosity. I shall
now remove it.

Is there anything I should do over and above simply trashing the
Internet Cleaner folder and its contents?  I did notice that an icon
with associated dropdown menu for the Cleaner had been placed in the
menubar, so got rid of it, too.

Thanks, Mary.

Bob

http://publish.uwo.ca/~mcdaniel/