[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 21:22:46 EDT

In a message dated 5/25/2005 5:50:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
cabrian@xxxxxxxxx writes:
of  centralized federal power that usurped state  sovereignty.

Hi,
Kind of makes one think of No Child Left Behind ...

or how perhaps I would prefer to have even my defense tax dollars spent on
original research and not on taking care of the cronyism of the
industrial-military complex...though it was only through that which caused one
of the
companies that one of my siblings works at to get a piece of the Iraqi  pie
(instead of Halliburton...that company had our president's uncle on the  board
[who
has since cashed in much of his stock as it skyrocked  upward...])

It is, though, just another form of social welfare...kind of like building
roads and such.   (which would, however, benefit more of those of us
isolationists...)

Best,
Marlena in Missouri