[lit-ideas] Re: Paying taxes for months on end

  • From: "Phil Enns" <phil.enns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 14:24:02 -0400

Judy Evans writes:

"What's sloppy about my using "power" in two different ways, signalling the
difference by "qua"?"

The sloppiness lies in your requiring the single word 'power' to do double
duty.  This equivocation allows you to indulge in flopping around as you do,
so my asking for better is, perhaps, unkind.

Judy continues:

"My suggestion was that you stop yammering on at people whose use of 'power'
you dislike."

Oh my.  Yes, please, by all means lets not think about these things, the
issues are after all not of meaning and sense but likes and dislikes, and
just embrace the nonsense de jour.  Carry on Judy.

Sincerely,

Phil Enns
Toronto, ON