[lit-ideas] Re: Immigration

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 01:06:52 +0100

AA>> Personally, I would give them one visit, and then
demand weight loss as a  condition for further care, since
the weight is the cause of the problem.
> I wonder why that's not done.

Because it would be inhumane?  FYI diabetics here and in the US certainly
are *told* to lose weight and given dietary advice and checked
at regular intervals and so on (my father was a diabetic, my brother is;
I'm having tests this week though my doctor thinks probably I haven't got
it).

I saw The Man In the White Suit but a long time ago... I'll have to look it
up!

Judy Evans, cardiff