[lit-ideas] Re: Immigration

  • From: Eternitytime1@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 19:09:07 EST

In a message dated 3/26/2006 5:58:33 P.M. Central Standard Time,
robert.paul@xxxxxxxx writes:

Labor  Ready must, in
its accounting to the IRS document them in some way: LR  cannot say that
they were sending out illegal immigrants as  temps.

HI,
My point was that companies like Labor Ready are hiring those poor Blacks
and Caucasians and Samoans and others of different nationalities who, according

to Andreas' friends, are lazy.  In those cities where the trucks go by,  they
are not hired as day-labor.

Here (and other places) where the trucks do NOT go by, there IS a  market for
daylabor and those hired are often those here legally (by birth or
otherwise)

This was in response to the 'no Americans are willing to work at those
jobs'.  (and esp those 'poor Blacks'--seemed a bit racist to me, but
hey...maybe I
know too many Blacks who are hard working and thus break the  'stereotype...)

Best,
Marlena