[JA] Firefox/Thunderbird/AOL

  • From: Rakenas@xxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:15:07 EST

Jim -

> >> Perhaps the aim might be offline mailing with an AOL account, but if
> someone is >>already using AOL's proprietary mailer version 8, why put
> Thunderbird, Eudora, or
>> other non-AOL software into > the mix?

------

Because as soon as I have an off-line reader working, I'm going to dump AOL
($23.90 a month) for BasicISP ($6.95 a month) and Mozilla Firefox (which I
.hope. I have set up correctly). But I want to be sure I have one off-line
reader,
don't really care which, working.

Eudora informed me (couple of times) "error getting network address for
IMAP.AOL.com host not found 11001". AOL couldn't advise on how to correct it.
Eudora doesn't offer technical support on free software. I'm not inclined to
pay
for support of software until I'm sure it will work for me.

Mozilla Thunderbird downloaded message headers but not the messages
themselves, not sure why.

<frustrated>

Carolyn