[JA] Re: Firefox/Thunderbird/AOL

  • From: "George Lunt" <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:37:07 -0800

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 donelias@xxxxxxxx writes:

>I'm still in the dark.  Why isn't she using Juno for an
>mail program since that is what I thought this list is
>about?

Hi Don, and All,

Actually the List is Primarily about Juno, but discussion of e-mail programs
and services in general is also allowed.  Especially since the List would be
very quiet indeed these days if we kept it to strictly Juno.

>Why would anyone want to get mixed up with AOL?

To take advantage of their free hours when you sign up...  well over a
thousand hours which you can stretch over at least a month and a half (not
really up to speed on that).

>I'm not trying to be smart or disrespectful to
>Carolyn but why would anyone rather pay $23 bucks
>a month than $9 per year?

This is exactly what she wants to do...  but shes trying to Thunderbird
"fully operational" and comfortable with it BEFORE she drops AOL and
switches to a Basic ISP.

>I see that both Jim Henderson and George Lunt use
>Juno addreses.

I don't know about Jim, but I don't use the Juno software hardly at all
anymore.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.