[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 18:45:01 -0400

Stephan wrote:

>Still, if someone can point to a small 3D engine that is as fast as the 2D
rendering, I'd be interested. :-)

I believe you answered his question better. :-)

I would like to add that you could take the rendering and then use it as a
base for the vector format.  However, this is more work than just drawing it
in 2D.  I would also think it would be possible to render to a 2D vector
format.  It would take quite a bit of programming to do though (i.e. remove
hidden lines, redefine vectors).  As you point out though (and I stated
previously), some of the additional details are much easier done in a 2D
drawing program.  So the investment in doing the 3D to 2D conversion
probably isn't worth it.  I certainly wouldn't do the conversion with in the
OS itself, which I didn't feel he was necessarily suggesting.

Curtis