[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:13:43 +0200 CEST

"Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The reason that I am pointing this problem out is because I do not
> think
> Haiku is learning from its mistakes: this has happened before, it is
> happening now, and will most likely happen again, as long as the
> members
> of the project do not seem to feel a need for change in this respect.
> But then, if that is what everybody wants, so be it. :-)

"this has happened before" - what in all worlds has happened, anyway?
We've come up with that contest idea on this list, and we made a news
item to spread the word. The initial discussion goes on, and on, with
positive insight, as well as criticism - the usual, AFAICT.
Where is your problem? We hardly can be more open.

Haiku is a community effort - *everyone* who contributes is a member of
Haiku. Anyone who contributes has something to say. There will be many
situations where we have to do important decisions, and those can only
be done by extracting the common sense of these discussions. Those that
contribute the most have the most to say, naturally; that's kind of a
reward for your contribution. But that still means that we have to
agree to something, and there will always be people who won't like our
decisions - there just should be many more people who will.

Bye,
   Axel.