[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: "Curtis Wanner" <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 08:58:28 -0400

Stephan wrote:
>Something on "winner"... it isn't clear at all wether the contest will have
/one/ winner. The purpose is more that of >brain storming. It might very
well happen that we take one set that most people liked and add a design
property from >another set which many people liked as well (if possible).

Agreed.  Perhaps this needs to be stated more clearly.  The vote is to help
determine the new design, not to choose a specific set of icons.  If it had
been the latter, a full set of icons would have been required.  The "winner"
should be the Haiku OS community as a whole.

>Hm. What "exactly" is that nature? I mean, this is going to mean different
things to different people, no? If that is >ok, then go ahead with adding
this sentence... :-)

Yes, What "exactly" is that nature?  That's what I think we should get at.
I might like some icons, but may not feel they belong on Haiku.  I am
offering this as a suggestion, perhaps it needs rewording?

>I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you saying "These are the questions
which need to be answered after the contest, >and so we should prepare the
rating to support these later."?

Basically these are questions that need to be answered to develop
guidelines.  I guess we can determine some of this from the best rated
designs.  Also, it starts to appear that there might be enough discussion
during the voting to help answer them. ;-)

Curtis