[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 13:43:46 +0200

Hi... me again...

To keep the discussion open, here is my proposal for a news item:

--------------------

<h2>Clarifying the Haiku Icon Contest</h2>

the "Haiku Icon Contest". The purpose should be clear: We want to develop
design guidelines for the entire Haiku icon set. The contest is a form of
brain storming process in which we want to summon good ideas. It might turn
out that one submission is a clear winner. It might also turn out that the
final guide lines are developed from good ideas seen in different
submissions. To give us a solid base for the discussion following the
contest, we have come up with a couple of rating categories which express
different areas of importance within an icon design. Yes, while we did speak
of "voting" earlier, we have adjusted this to a "rating in different
categories", because we think it is more insightful.</p>

design guidelines. Equally important to the open discussion on the Haiku
mailing list and after that the actual work of creating the final icons.</p>

Please don't make it more complicated than it really is. You have read the
emails, you know what we want. Does this news item clarify/reflect enough
what we want? If no, point out the improvements, if yes... fine. Please don't
write emails like "Hey, but I thought it was a voting! Could it really happen
that we don't have a clear winner?!?". Yes, it *might* happen. This has
already been discussed. :-)

Best regards,
-Stephan