[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 01:11:55 +0200

Hi Petter,

> Sure. I'll fix it right away.

the new welcome page is much appreciated. Looks awesome.

I have thought about the rating thing. How about a "Rate this Set" button at
each submission description. (You can rate each set, but each only once (or
adjust your rating).) Then, when you press the button, the corresponding set
get's highlighted somehow, like the background is lighted up, or tinted or
whatever (or additionally moved to the bottom, so it is above the rating
area?).... and below the sets, you see the different rating categories.
Maybe it would be nice to have some quick way to set the ratings, like an
entry "Set all categories to [0] [1] ... [4]". And then from there you can
adjust the rating of individual categories.

Axel thought my first proposal with the sentences was nicer than my second
proposal, but maybe these statements could still be improved. Here there are
again:

---------

* I could work all day without my eyes hurting, even if I set the icons to
medium or small size.

* If I sit in a train, the person next to me is going to admire my desktop
because of those icons.

* When I run Haiku the first time, these icons will give me a warm welcome
feeling.

* Even after an uptime of 2 years, I don't long for a change of icons.

* I think I could easily recognize the meaning of any icon following this
design.

* My Desktop is not going to have performance issues because of those icons.

* With these icons, I can sway in my BeOS nostalgica, but still have a
modern looking desktop.

Plain categories:

* Crispness
        - Colors
        - Contrast
        - Sharpness at low resolution

* Reconizability
        - Flexible Design allows for wide variaty
        - Ok at low resolution

* Performance
        - Complexity/Efficiency

* Coolness