[openbeos] Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:44:10 -0700

Hi,

I am hereby making a submission to the Haiku Icon Contest on behalf of MASUDA Mitiya.

- Icon set name: Ponkan (which means "tangerine" in Japanese)
- Licence : MIT(X11)
- Author : MASUDA mitiya
- Download: http://www.masuseki.com/be/ponkan.zip
- Home page: http://www.masuseki.com/rnote.php?u=be/ponkan.htm

In relation to the contest, someone who saw the voting page on Bug Nordic (http://bug-nordic.org/iconcontest/) made a comment on IsComputerOn.com about the fairness of the contest. I think there is the misunderstanding that the voting has
already started (which I do not think is the case, but someone correct me if I am wrong). In order to dispel any confusion, I think it would be wise to officially state:

Deadline for submissions: Sep. 1, 2006
Voting starts: Sep. 2 (?)
Voting ends: ????
Final count announcement: ????

Also, in order to make the contest/voting a bit more thrilling/exciting, I would suggest that the existing vote count be hidden from the voting page, and that the results be announced only after the voting is finished.

Finally, how about giving an official certificate (with the Haiku logo and signed by Michael Phipps?) to the winner of the contest?

Cheers,

Koki