[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: Petter Holt Juliussen <post@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 18:30:43 +0200

Stephan Assmus wrote:

On 2006-08-19 at 20:48:05 [+0200], Curtis Wanner <katisu@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Re: zumi's http://xoomer.alice.it/mushaspot/beos-svg/

Petter wrote:
Yea, these are very nice. My choise as of now! Nothing would give me a more
BeOS-feeling than these!

Shaka wrote:
I like these icons- very traditional "Be".
Shaka
My question is: How close can we be to the original designs without it being
a potential IP rights issue?

Well, as my icon set shows, I'm pro "very BeOS-ish look". I hope my icons are different enough to not cause any headaches later. Creating all the icons in the Mc Clintock and zuMI set has been a *huge* amount of work! But I think that much of this work can be reused if we stick to BeOS-ish icons, when taking an already created SVG icon and using it as a base.

Best regards,
-Stephan

And then for example, redo them with the guidelines for your icons? I think that these icons (mushaspot/Zumi) would work very well
because of the colors used in them which are very like the the colors in the BeOS icons. Lively colors, which I think is very important on
a BeOS/Haiku desktop (including the tabcolor). I noticed this yesterday when booting up BeOS. Therefor I think this icon set fit the bill most.
I'm now even sure these are better for Haiku than the Tango set. I really don't understand why Zeta didn't go for these :)