[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest submission

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 19:29:46 +0200

On 2006-08-20 at 18:30:43 [+0200], Petter Holt Juliussen <post@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Stephan Assmus wrote:
> > But I think
> > that much of this work can be reused if we stick to BeOS-ish icons, when
> > taking an already created SVG icon and using it as a base.
> >
> And then for example, redo them with the guidelines for your icons?

Exactly. If zuMI doesn't mind, of course.

> I think that these icons (mushaspot/Zumi) would work very well
> because of the colors used in them which are very like the the colors in
> the BeOS icons. Lively colors, which I think is very important on
> a BeOS/Haiku desktop (including the tabcolor). I noticed this yesterday
> when booting up BeOS. Therefor I think this icon set fit the bill most.
> I'm now even sure these are better for Haiku than the Tango set.

I agree, but let's delay the discussion until after the rating deadline. :-)
BTW, I think the colors can be improved yet. It has big influence on how
"stylish" the icons look.

> I really don't understand why Zeta didn't go for these :)

Maybe the Mc Clintock icons were around for longer... I don't know. IMHO, the
mushaspot/Zumi has more quality, in terms of efficiency/complexity. The pixel
alignment seems to be better too.

Best regards,
-Stephan