[geocentrism] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 11:55:03 +0100

On 31 Jul, . <yerushabel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  As Moller's text on Relativity makes clear, the centrifugal, Coriolis
> and Eulerian forces which are treated as fictitious forces in a
> non-geocentric context are real, actual forces in a geocentric context.

        No they're not real. They seem to be real if you're in a rotating
environment, but they don't actually exist.

> Further, the origin of inertia must be understood properly prior to
> mounting an analysis. (This is important because one would otherwise
> misunderstand a helpful analogy: comparing eg Voyager to a marble
> rolling linearly from the center of a spinning merry-go-round to the
> outer rim. The analogy might lead one to expect centrifugal force to
> hurl the marble (Voyager) off the merry-go-round -- but in the case of
> the actual rotating cosmos, the inertial field is FIXED to the aggregate
> universal mass, while a playground's merry-go-round is ROTATING with
> respect to that inertial field.

> Therefore, the Voyager participates in
> the rotation of the cosmic mass around the earth, but the inertial
> effects must be scaled to its relative motion "with respect to the
> distant stars" (often called the "fixed stars" under the influence of
> Copernican thinking).

        This is just a bit of pseudo-scientific mumbo-jumbo from a non
scientist. If voyager is going to rotate with the stars, it must have an
enormous tangential force acting on it as it travels away from the earth.
What causes this force? And since it must be gaining no end of kinetic
energy, where does this energy come from? We find it quite difficult to
give spacecaraft lots of kinetic energy, so it would be nice to know how
to get it for free, without using any fuel!

        Alan Griffin