(no subject)

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 14:51:24 +0000 (GMT)

Allen D
You basic position seems to me to be that formal logic is the only method of
resolving a proposition, or that failing to include its use, will result in
failure. This leads to the ridiculous position of grown men sitting around
wasting their time debating how many teeth a horse has and seriously expecting
that the matter might be satisfactorily resolved.
Logic is a useful tool, but it is by no means the only tool. Trial and error
for instance works. It requires no skills in logic, maths, expression or a
hundred other skills. But though it is inefficient, none the less, it works.
And there are many other ways to resolve propositions.
Now you could make a giant advance in your understanding of life, the universe
and everything if you would give a simple answer to Philip's question -- are
you standing on world A or world B? This is a proposition which does not
require the use of abstruse esoteric formal logic, or complex maths, or a
Shakespearean command of English. It does however require a desire to arrive at
a resolution. Give it a try.
Paul D
PS I'm not deliberately dodging the issues you've raised -- we can return to
those. What I'm trying to do is to get you to see that this rarefied logical
approach you've used on this forum for the whole of the time I've been here --
simply isn't working. It may work among others who share your approach, but it
isn't working here. The aphorism concerning cats and the manner of skinning
them, is relevant.