[geocentrism] Re: Moon phases

  • From: "Robert Bennett" <robert.bennett@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 12:27:34 -0500

G & P,

> I personally have always had a problem with
> "hasteth".  Does it mean that the sun slows down during our day
> and then speeds up during our night?  Wouldn't that mean China,
> or India, or Africa would have a different length of day than us?
>  So I think the use of "returneth" might just make more sense to me here.

In  Hebrew shuwb {shoob} means
to return, turn back
 come or go back
 to bring back, .....

No hasten or hasteth is listed in the lexicon

>   The second thing I would bring up are the differences in the
> translations of verse 6 just following.  The KJV talks of the
> wind, what does the DR ascribes the action of the verse to?  I've
> heard quite different takes on this verse.  What do the other
> versions you have say?

In Hebrew  ruwach {roo'-akh} means:

breath, wind, spirit (as that which breathes quickly in animation or
agitation), spirit (of the living, breathing being in man and animals),
spirit (as seat of emotion), spirit,  Spirit of God

Obviously many meanings, but usually not the impersonal and physical wind.

Pax Christi,

Robert