[geocentrism] Re: Moon phases

  • From: "Cheryl B." <c.battles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 13:19:14 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Bennett" <robert.bennett@xxxxxxx>
To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 12:27 PM
Subject: [geocentrism] Re: Moon phases

> G & P,
>
> > I personally have always had a problem with
> > "hasteth".  Does it mean that the sun slows down during our day
> > and then speeds up during our night?  Wouldn't that mean China,
> > or India, or Africa would have a different length of day than us?
> >  So I think the use of "returneth" might just make more sense to me
here.

> In  Hebrew shuwb {shoob} means
> to return, turn back
>  come or go back
>  to bring back, .....
>
> No hasten or hasteth is listed in the lexicon

The word used for hasteth here is not shuwb.  It is shaaph -- and Strong's
says:  also to hasten, desire earnestly, devour, haste, pant, snuff up,
swallow up.  That would pretty well describe travelling at 25 million mph.

> >   The second thing I would bring up are the differences in the
> > translations of verse 6 just following.  The KJV talks of the
> > wind, what does the DR ascribes the action of the verse to?  I've
> > heard quite different takes on this verse.  What do the other
> > versions you have say?
>
> In Hebrew  ruwach {roo'-akh} means:
>
> breath, wind, spirit (as that which breathes quickly in animation or
> agitation), spirit (of the living, breathing being in man and animals),
> spirit (as seat of emotion), spirit,  Spirit of God
>
> Obviously many meanings, but usually not the impersonal and physical wind.

Strong's concordance says:  Quote: 7307-  ruwach from 7306; wind; by
resemblance breath, i.e. a sensible or even violent exhalation; fig. life,
anger, unsusbstantiality; by extension a region of hte sky; by resemblance
spirit, but only of a rational being (inclu. its expression and
functions): -- air, anger, blast, breath, cool, courage, mind, x quarter, x
side, spirit, tempest, x vain, whirl, windy.

The KJV translators were IMHO the most brilliant linguists the world has
ever seen.  They weren't dummies.  They chose the words they did for a
reason -- and that reason was made up of their great knowledge and abilities
as linguists and, secondly because of  their annointing and enabling by God
Almighty -- who had appointed them, just like He did Queen Esther, "for such
a time as this."

When there were shades of meaning, the KJV translators knew which shade to
apply.  I think anybody who says they could have made a better choice than
these amazing men brought together by God for "such a time as this", that
person iis being presumptuous and, also, not to be rude, but I think also
disrespectful of the Word of God.

At the very least, it points to the likelihood that you do not believe KJV
actually IS the Word of God else you would not be needing to change and fix
it.  If this is the case, would you like to advance your case for what you
think IS the Word of God ?

Sincerely,  Cheryl