[geocentrism] Re: Moon phases

  • From: "Philip" <joyphil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 15:32:28 +1000

A more serious talk on the language of the Bible, specific to the sun.. In my
jest to Gary, I discovered something...that might be important..
I noticed that the modernist s have changed Ecclesiastes 1verses 4 and 5...
Look at what the 21st century KJV said. (now I am not being denominationally
argumentive here, the modern Catholic Bible has done worse)

4One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh; but the earth
abideth for ever.
5The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteneth to his place where
he arose.

 That word "also" .. See how if applied to verse 5, in the same manner as verse
4, then they can say that the bible is speaking with the meaning given to
"riseth" as when a generation dies and another comes, "into being" .. This is a
subtle way to attack the geocentric claim.

Because the 1899 DR bible says,

4One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth
standeth for ever. 5The sun riseth, and goeth down, and returneth to his place:
and there rising again

There is no "also "

Now take a look at the KJV   This is the 1611 version, 1987 print, not the
modern 1975 translation called the New KJV. , and quite distinct from the 21st
century KJV.

4One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: but the earth
abideth for ever. 5The sun also ariseth, and the sun goeth down, and hasteth to
his place where he arose.

There is that added word...  also     Perchance a heliocentrist influence in
1611

Just for fun lets see what the 1987,new KJV translation said. This was
commissioned by Thomas Nelson, publishers said to be from the original??? Greek
Hebrew and Arabic texts.. Funny how these seem to be available, when they were
not available to the 17th century, when they relied heavily on St. Jeromes
Vulgate.

4One generation passes away, and another generation comes; But the earth abides
forever. 5The sun also rises, and the sun goes down, And hastens to the place
where it arose...

So thats 3 to 1 against geocentrism in the use of the word riseth... it being
merely also as a generation cometh and goeth.etc.

I have no Latin.. perhaps someone can tell us if riseth is here, and if "also"
is there as well, Here is Jeromes words..
4generatio praeterit et generatio advenit terra vero in aeternum stat

   5oritur sol et occidit et ad locum suum revertitur ibique renascens