Re: [foxboro] FBM232 Modbus Setup Issues

  • From: Ken Heywood <KHeywood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 16:17:03 +0000

Dick Morley founded Bedford Associates in 1968 in Bedford Massachusetts,
just ³up the road² from Foxboro. The ³084² was the result of a request
from GM for an electronic replacement for relay logic. Several top
executives from ³Modicon² were killed in a plane crash in the early
1970¹s. Paul Bissette(?) and a few other Foxboro managers/engineers went
to Bedford to help the company through the loss. That¹s about as close as
the ties became between the two companies.
On 3/6/15, 2:44 PM, "Terry Doucet" <doucet427@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I think that there were two engineers working for Foxboro who came up
>with the idea of a programmable logic controller and left to form Modicon.
>

>> From: paul.mcquaid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 11:25:54 -0600
>> Subject: Re: [foxboro] FBM232 Modbus Setup Issues
>>
>> True...... The fable, as told to me was that Modicon, now part of
>>Schneider electric - Process automation by the way, originally had this
>>as a proprietaryprotocol hence the JBUS development but they (Modicon)
>>relinquished that status and it became an industry open standard, the
>>rest they say is history.......
>>
>> Best Regards
>>
>> Paul McQuaid

Thank You,