Re: [foxboro] CP40 to CP40B Upgrade - UNIX V6.3

  • From: Terry Doucet <doucet427@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 09:29:02 -0500

Joe,

Another item that requires some care is the fact that the CP40B incorporates
memory error detection and correction.   This takes up some cpu power.   There
were instances where a CP40A (original CP40) would run OK but the CP40B
experienced overruns.    The excel spreadsheet for each type of CP could be
used to try and determine the loading difference you can expect to see.   The
absolute number on the spreadsheets  (CP40B and CP40A) may not be the same as
real performance but the ratio   excel CP40B /  CP40A, should give you expected
performance compared to your current CP40A station display load.

If my memory is correct, high field bus load made the situation worse.

Terry