[foxboro] CP40 to CP40B Upgrade - UNIX V6.3

  • From: "Joseph M. Riccardi" <Joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 19:12:46 -0800

Folks,
After getting a proposal last year to upgrade from CP40s to CP60s that
exceeded our maintenance budget for the next 10 years.  And we already own
the necessary quantity of CP60s and licenses from another project.

Plan B is to consider just upgrading our CP40s to CP40Bs to get away from
the infamous  "soft" memory error which causes periodic/random CP40 reboots;
what a nuisance in the middle of a batch.  Are they interchangeable, same
hardware connections, no re-commit?  Hoping this is something we can do on
our own without an outage if there are no hardware compatibility issues and
a recommit is not required.

Thanks in advance for your foresight.

Joseph M. Riccardi
386-451-7607 Cell

Joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:Joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

"To give real service you must add something that cannot be bought or
measured with money; and that is sincerity and integrity." - Donald A. Adams