[foxboro] FBM232 Modbus Setup Issues

  • From: Maks Wilde <makswilde@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 00:01:12 -0500

Dear List,
I am setting up an FBM232 using Modbus TCP. The ECB200 and ECB201 blocks
are both showing good in system manager and all good green in FoxView.

As soon as I build an IIN or BIN block to try to read from the device my
ECB201 block fails and reads:
DVC FAIL (red)
OFF SCAN (grey)
DCI READY (cyan)
DVC ENABLD (cyan)
DVC FAIL (cyan)

To get back online I have to delete the IIN/BIN block and disable then
re-enable communication on the ECB201. I've set up the ECBs the same way I
have for other working ones but the device I'm talking to is different.

Any suggestions as to what could be wrong? How can I determine if the
problem is on the Foxboro end or the slave device?

Many thanks,

Maks Wilde

--
Confidentiality Warning: This message and any attachments are intended only
for the use of the intended recipient(s), are confidential, and may be