Re: [foxboro] FBM232 Modbus Setup Issues

  • From: Michael Toecker <michael.toecker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 15:15:04 -0500

I always have thought of Modbus as direct memory access over serial.
Basically, the devices didn't have much more than memory, shift registers,
and solid state logic, and they needed some way to control and program
them.  It just so happens that you can do a lot MORE with that type of
access, and it grew into a massive following.
I'd love to hear a history of it.

Mike

On Fri, Mar 6, 2015 at 3:06 PM, Brown, Stanley <stan.brown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Michael Toecker