Re: [foxboro] FBM232 Modbus Setup Issues

  • From: "Coyote Technologies" <Rick.mol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 08:58:02 -0600

Maks,

I'd had a similar problem with a compressor recently.

A Modbus tool may be a good place to start.

We were able to troubleshoot the problem using Win-Tech ModScan to read the
data from the device on a notebook PC. www.win-tech.com  It's a free
download to try and the licenses are not very expensive to purchase.
For the IA side we used the ModSim package to simulate the
address/registers.  That told us the IA was setup correctly.
In this case, much like some of the other responses, there was an incorrect
register listed from the vendor.

Depending on the physical layer, you may need a 232-485 converter to get the
signal into the laptop.  The package will read/write Modbus over TCP.

Regards,
Rick Mol
Coyote Technologies