[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to sign up with MS with the Win10 driver no charge "attestment" option

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 11:47:23 -0700

Paul Titchener wrote:

Tim, with your aid (thanks again for that) I was able to get our
driver package submitted.

However I got back a message (copied below) saying that our individual
files passed their tests but overall we had failed but they don’t say why.

Looking at the dashboard report on the submission just repeats the
same message as below.

Any suggestions on how we are supposed to figure out what is wrong?

The .cab file I sent had the files directly in the .cab file with no
folder, is that what they are complaining about?

I don't know. I know the instructions say to put each submission in a
folder, so that's what I have done. I haven't tried in the root.

There are two things I see here. You have two INF and two CAT files.
Are you expecting this to be two separate packages? If so, then you
MUST submit them in two separate folders. What you get back will have
exactly one CAT file that checksums both of your INFs and permanently
thereafter glues them together. If you don't expect to distribute and
install the two packages together, that's not what you want. It may be
that the submission failed because your two INF files mention two
different CAT names.

You also apparently selected "universal" when you made your submission.
Are you drivers, in fact, Windows Universal drivers?

Have you run ChkInf on your INFs to make sure they are correct?