[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to sign up with MS with the Win10 driver no charge "attestment" option

  • From: "Paul Titchener" <pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 17:14:57 -0700

Tim, I tried out dspinst but it appears that since we are using a virtual driver that it may not work for us.

When I run dspinst with our driver files it brings up the signing page and then appears to complete the installation but our driver never appears in the Device Manager so it appears it has installed the files but is then waiting for an actual hardware device to appear.

We started with the devcon code as MS used that method in their MSVAD virtual driver example.

Do you know if there is a way with dspinst (or some additional steps) to force our device to appear after dspinst has installed it?

Thanks,

Paul Titchener

Well, I use "dpinst", which is a small tool from the WDK that
pre-installs whatever driver packages it finds in the directory where it
lives. You use an XML file to configure its activities. My NSIS
installer copies my driver package and DPInst.exe to the destination
system, then runs DPInst.

DPInst uses the difxapi APIs to do the pre-installation, so you could
create your own version.