[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to sign up with MS with the Win10 driver no charge "attestment" option

  • From: "Paul Titchener" <pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2015 17:36:24 -0700

Tim, following your suggestions below I got a successful submission, thanks
again for your help, I really appreciate it.

Paul Titchener

Paul Titchener wrote:

Tim, with your aid (thanks again for that) I was able to get our driver
package submitted.
However I got back a message (copied below) saying that our individual files
passed their tests but overall we had failed but they don’t say why.
Looking at the dashboard report on the submission just repeats the same
message as below.
Any suggestions on how we are supposed to figure out what is wrong?
The .cab file I sent had the files directly in the .cab file with no folder,
is that what they are complaining about?

I don't know. I know the instructions say to put each submission in a folder,
so that's what I have done. I haven't tried in the root.

There are two things I see here. You have two INF and two CAT files. Are you
expecting this to be two separate packages? If so, then you MUST submit them
in two separate folders. What you get back will have exactly one CAT file that
checksums both of your INFs and permanently thereafter glues them together. If
you don't expect to distribute and install the two packages together, that's
not what you want. It may be that the submission failed because your two INF
files mention two different CAT names.

You also apparently selected "universal" when you made your submission. Are
you drivers, in fact, Windows Universal drivers?

Have you run ChkInf on your INFs to make sure they are correct?