[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to sign up with MS with the Win10 driver no charge "attestment" option

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 15:18:27 -0700

Paul Titchener wrote:

We need to distribute a Win 10 audio driver we include with our product.

I’m trying to figure out how to get the “no charge” attestment option
setup with MS for this audio driver.

What I’ve done so far is signed up with MS, signed the winqual.exe and
sent it back to them.

They accepted the .exe and I then signed and they co-signed the
“Driver Quality Attestment Testing Agreement”.

OK, just to make sure, you have already acquired an EV SHA2 Code-Signing
certificate? The one that comes on a USB token? That's what you used
to signed the winqual.exe and to open your sysdev dashboard account?

I hoping one of you guys have gone through the next steps, what do I
need to do now to submit our driver using the no charge attestment option?

The instructions on the web are pretty clear. Have you ever submitted
for WHQL? The procedure is similar. You need to create a cabinet
(.CAB) file that contains your driver package, including your INF, your
SYS, and your CAT. Put your files in a subdirectory called
"DriverPackage1". Sign that CAB using the same EV2 certificate you used
to create the dashboard account.

When you log in to your dashboard account, you'll see the box labeled
"File signing services" with the option "Create driver signing
submission." That's where you submit your package. Then you sit back
and wait. Several hours later, you'll be notified that your signed
package is ready for download. What you get back is a ZIP file with a
new CAT file, signed only for Win 10. Your driver binaries will also
have Microsoft's certificate appended.