[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to sign up with MS with the Win10 driver no charge "attestment" option

  • From: "Paul Titchener" <pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 10:57:30 -0700

We’re detecting the OS during installation and only installing the MS SHA256
cert drivers on Win 10, earlier machines get drivers with just our SHA1 EV cert.

This scheme is working for most users but failing on some, the failure appears
to be occasionally happening on both Win10 and Win7 machines, the driver
install is attempted but the Device Manager thinks the driver is unsigned for
some reason.

Paul Titchener