[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to sign up with MS with the Win10 driver no charge "attestment" option

  • From: Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:26:14 -0700

Paul Titchener wrote:

As far as I know this is the only source code available program that can be
used for driver installs, is that correct?

Well, I use "dpinst", which is a small tool from the WDK that
pre-installs whatever driver packages it finds in the directory where it
lives. You use an XML file to configure its activities. My NSIS
installer copies my driver package and DPInst.exe to the destination
system, then runs DPInst.

DPInst uses the difxapi APIs to do the pre-installation, so you could
create your own version.