[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to sign up with MS with the Win10 driver no charge "attestment" option

  • From: Tom Duffy <tduffy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:30:31 -0700

Possibly related:

We find some customers on Windows 7 have either
accidentally or on purpose missed out on installing KB3033929
from March 2015 that gives Windows 7 the ability to parse SHA-2
certificates. Without this, they get "unsigned driver"
errors when attempting to install a driver that was signed with
a newer, SHA-256 certificate.
Windows 8 comes with SHA-2 ability out of the box.

Tom.

On 10/26/2015 2:46 AM, Vincent Burel (VB-Audio) wrote:
It sounds like the same problem I got some days ago

The driver was maybe not well cross signed (because missing Microsoft
CER for example)

BTW: I found one trick to check that a sys file is well cross signed:

findstr /m "MicrosoftCodeVerifRoot" "mydriver.sys" (output nothing if
not found)

(source reference: http://winprogger.com/cross-signing-kernel-mode-drivers/)

Regards

Vincent Burel