[wdmaudiodev] Re: How to sign up with MS with the Win10 driver no charge "attestment" option

  • From: "Paul Titchener" <pt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 11:40:32 -0700

Tim, to be candid I know just enough about these certs to be dangerous, but
here’s my understanding of this cert.

Its an EV cert we got recently from DigiCert, one of MS’s recommended 2
suppliers for driver certs on the MS drivers dev site.

We used it to both sign up with MS’s driver’s approval site and also to submit
our driver package which they accepted so it passed their tests.

The reason I’m calling it an SHA1 cert is when you use the File Explorer and do
a Properties->Digital Signatures on it, under the heading “Digest Algorithm” it
lists SHA1.

But if you then click Details->Advanced, in the page that comes up its lists
SHA1 again for Digest Algorithm but in the field labeled Issurer it states:

DigiCert EV Code Signing CA (SHA2) ...

So perhaps this Issuer field that does contain a SHA2 description is the one I
should be referring to when describing this cert, is that correct?

Thanks,

Paul Titchener