[TechAssist] Re: TV pick up rates for various size portables?

  • From: larry <schntv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 10:54:00 -0400

We have a testing fee we charge on carry ins, so when we P&D
we also charge the testing fee and P&D in advance.
27" 39 + 20 = 59.    local, 9 mile or less
32" 59 + 30 = 89.
36" 69 + 30 = 99.
prj 79 + 45 = 124.   55" & up additional charge.

What do you charge for extended travel?
this is a soar spot for my warranty work.
Two men a truck, gas and time and wear and tear.
I am loosing money at a buck a mile.
I dont think the manufacturers are cooperating on this travel
thing.
Just my thoughts.
Larry

Philip Bader wrote:

> Not to open a can of worms here but as of late probably due to our aging
> population (and the larger CRT sizes in "portables") More of my
> customers say "I understand you cannot fix it here, but it's too
> heavy.What would you charge me in additionto  your in -shop estimate fee
> to pick it up? (and deliver,I assume).
> On my 25-32 inch portables I get 39.00 shop est fee up front,applicable
> to final bill.
> What is  the average charge to, say locally go pick up a 27 inch
> portable? Assuming I collect my 39.00 est fee up front as well, what
> would be a reasonable pick up fee?
> And should we "split" it as a fee for pick up now, and later a fee for
> delivery if they cannot arrange to get it themselves?
> Just some thoughts. I know the deal of "you know what your time is
> worth" but we all do and can't get it much of the time anyway.So it's a
> trade off.
> Fifty bucks each way? Or $25.00 pick up,$25.00 del? 39.00??? What!
> Feed back!
> Phil Bader
> --
> Philip Bader
> Jan Phyl TV Inc. (estab. 1976)
> 3420 Recker Hwy. Winter Haven, Fl. 33880
> Fax (863) 299-8821
> email: tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> The Tech Address Book:
> http://www.tech-assist.org/secure/tip/contact.html

Schneider TV & Electronic Inc.
5415 N. Wooster ave.
Dover, Ohio 44622       www.geocities.com/schntv2000/
330-343-0768         FCC. first class & Extra class K8WLY