[TechAssist] Re: TV pick up rates for various size portables?

  • From: Kevin <kevintv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 00:11:47 -0700

Perry, how many techs do you have?

Kevin Wilks
Kevin's TV & Video Repair
Penticton BC Canada
kevintv@xxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:techassist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Electric Medic
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2003 7:14 PM
To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: TV pick up rates for various size portables?

We pickup and deliver free with or without a repair approval for all
customers. It doesn't matter if you are a 100 year old disabled person
or a
20 year old bodybuilder. We charge $35 up front deposit on a 27" TV if a
customer brings us the set or we pick it up. And if they approve the
repair
the $35 is applied to the repair so really the estimate is free too,
with
repair. We do the same on PTV's. It cost the customer $100 if they bring
it
to us or we pick it up. Of course we bring in all sets that are called
in,
we have two men that all they do is pickup and deliver 8 hours a day.
That
way all technicians can stay on the bench where they can make us money,
and
we never have to worry about sending a tech to the house without all the
repair parts needed and having to make multiple trips. Plus we like to
cook
the set for a couple of days, that really cuts down on recalls. Another
good
thing is that if it is a five minute fix you do not have to justify why
you
are charging that much for a five minute fix. For us it is the best way
and
it seems to be for our customers. With us picking and delivering them up
everyday they get their sets back pretty fast.

Perry Bower,  (EHEER) Electronic Home Entertainment Equipment Repairer
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com
Free Electronic Screensaver:
http://www.eyetide.com/download/?s=O3OfmSLHXygGHCv1W6Gz3Bgjtq3DNNMNdcKsY
SVGC
3850 Washington Road  Suite 5b
Augusta, Georgia 30907
Phone: 706-8MEDIC4  (863-3424)
Phone: 706-863-3474
Fax: 706-863-2316
mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Factory Trained Authorized Service Center For:  APEX, Curtis Mathes,
Fisher,
GE, KEC/KTV,
Konka, Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Philips Magnavox, Pioneer, ProSCAN, RCA,
Samsung, Sanyo, Sharp, SONY, Technics, Toshiba, Zenith

Provide Extended care for: AON, Circuit City, GE Contracts, Glass
Agency,
Philips Contracts, NEW, Rex