[tcb] Re: I'm stumped - '59 won't start, stay running...

  • From: "w.wood" <evil.scientist.boo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 17:23:29 -0500

while 6V won WW2 the long path that the solenoid current goes through to
start the bus is a long way.  The current also goes through an ignition
switch which can be worn as well.  That's why in the OLD VW busses I employ
the Ford Solenoid switch trick.  Basically, I use a relay (the Ford
Solenoid) to carry the current on a shorter path to the ignition starter
solenoid.  It gets over those hot start problems in a hurry.

--
My Email Moniker
http://www.findinternettv.com/Video,item,1570570433.aspx