[tcb] Re: I'm stumped - '59 won't start, stay running...

  • From: James Dwan <james_dwan_2000@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 14:25:50 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I got a late start but I am now in the garage, have my Grateful Dead
channel on, incense going and am thinking positive thoughts : )

Just tried to start it and the initial start turned over but did not start 4
subsequent attempts did not turn over at all.
I'll take a pic soon but for now I found out it is most likely a 28 pict carb.

I did extend the fuel line so I could move the fuel filter away from the
dizzy/coil area. I  have it zip tied below the oil bath on the fan hose for
what it's worth. I also put on a new NAPPA vented gas cap to rule out that sort
of vapor lock. Going to check the stater connections and switch out the dizzy
now