[sugpro] Re: Hope I found everyone

  • From: "Michael Monteith" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "michael_r_monteith@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 10:24:29 -0800

Oh my!  Definitely shows the information is needed.  That's why in addition to
the list I wondered if it wouldn't hurt to have a web site where we can post
SAFETY information, build information, show successes, and I don't call them
failures only opportunities.  So just thinking kind of out loud how to best
help.

Michael

 Subject: [sugpro] Re: Hope I found everyone
 To: sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Monday, February 9, 2015, 12:11 PM

 As
 much as it is important to get reconnected with the old
 guard, if we don't get new folks involved then the
 community will always end up shrinking. There are always
 people on Reddit r/rocketry (https://www.reddit.com/r/rocketry/)
 who are interested in sugar.

 I don't mean to poke fun at this
 guy but check out
https://www.reddit.com/r/rocketry/comments/27xm6s/should_i_launch/
 there is plenty of room to pass on knowledge and help people
 not repeat mistakes we've already made.
 I, for one, hope to be flying some of the
 sweet stuff at the end of the month, but just for
 "fun" I am not really developing anything new this
 winter.
 -Bill
 On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at
 11:31 AM, Steve Peterson <steve_peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote:

     As the moderator and re-creator of the
       list, I did once consider trying to contact everyone
 on the old
       list but I wasn't able to scavenge enough email
 addresses from the
       old list's archive to make it worth the effort. I
 still hope that
       people will pass the word along and we'll get most
 of the old
       members back. However, I have to say that I'm
 beginning to wonder
       just how many people are still active with sugar
 propellants (or
       even rocketry in general).

       --Steve

       On 02/09/2015 07:59 AM, Kenneth Irving wrote:

         Michael:
           yes, it's a shame that the list list was
 recreated but the
           users weren't told or weren't included by
 default in the new
           list. That would've simplified everything. A
 long time has
           passed and the community has been lost. I hope it
 can be
           recreated.

         best
           regards

         Kenneth

         2015-02-09
 13:14 GMT-02:00 Michael
           Monteith <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

           Looks like
             the old list is gone. I think the biggest
 problem is people
             don't know how to find this list.   If
 this works maybe I
             can send to people I know and pass the word
 around.

                 Michael Monteith