[sugpro] Re: Hope I found everyone

  • From: Steve Peterson <steve_peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sugpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 13:06:19 -0800

As I said, I did look through the archive for the old list but the problem was that the list had been so erratic for so many months that the only archive that remained online only had posts by a few individuals. IIRC, there had been some problem switching over from an old server and the really old (and really useful) archive was no longer available. Now I see that even the archive that I looked through is no longer online (not surprising, I guess). Dave McCue, if you can reach him, *might* have some old stuff lying around, but I wouldn't hold out much hope.

--Steve

On 02/09/2015 12:15 PM, Richard Nakka wrote:
Dave McCue, former SugPro list moderator, may have those files.

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 1:19 PM, Kenneth Irving <kenneth.irving@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What happened to the old list files? Are they still available somewhere?
Because maybe it could be useful to scrub all the emails from it and send
invitations to the former subscribers to join the new list, in case they are
interested. I can help with that, but I'd need access to the old list files.

Only a couple of dozen people have subscribed. I'm sure the link will
help...as will Michael's effort. I'm a noob at list moderation and only
"signed up" to do this because no one else was making any visible effort to
get the list going again. As for Michael's question about the Freelists
"webpage", I have no idea what Freelists means by that and I haven't had any
time to really dig down and investigate it. Maybe it should point to
Richard's site--it's got to be the most complete (not to mention
safety-oriented) site out there.
--Steve

On 02/09/2015 09:17 AM, Richard Nakka wrote:
Steve,
Just wondering, how many people are currently on this new list? I was
under the impression that the 'whole group' from SugPro was on
it....guess I was wrong. I've also been wondering how may people are
still active in sugar rocketry. I've been particularly active the past
6 months or so, immensely enjoying building and  launching KNSB
powered rockets.

I will add a link on my website to the new list.

Richard

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Steve Peterson
<steve_peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
As the moderator and re-creator of the list, I did once consider trying
contact everyone on the old list but I wasn't able to scavenge enough
email
addresses from the old list's archive to make it worth the effort. I
still
hope that people will pass the word along and we'll get most of the old
members back. However, I have to say that I'm beginning to wonder just
how
many people are still active with sugar propellants (or even rocketry in
general).

--Steve

On 02/09/2015 07:59 AM, Kenneth Irving wrote:

Michael: yes, it's a shame that the list list was recreated but the
users
weren't told or weren't included by default in the new list. That
would've
simplified everything. A long time has passed and the community has been
lost. I hope it can be recreated.

best regards
Kenneth

<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Looks like the old list is gone. I think the biggest problem is people
don't know how to find this list.   If this works maybe I can send to
people
I know and pass the word around.

Michael Monteith