[SI-LIST] Re: package SSN model accuracy requirements

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <arpad.muranyi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "steve weir" <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 14:59:20 -0800

Steve,

Thank you for your excellent suggestion.  I agree with them completely.

I hope that I don't come across as being blindly biased towards AMS.
What I write is because of the merits and capabilities of these
languages and the kinds of things I would like to be able to write
models for.

However, if and when we do these polls we need to be careful about
how we do it!  If you ask someone the question which one they would
prefer, SPICE or AMS, they better know the capabilities and/or
limitations of both.  Otherwise they may end up choosing the one
they know, and not the one that is better than the other...  Of
course, a definition for the word better may also be useful when
trying to make such decisions.  Something that is better for me
may not be good for you.  I may like the freedom in AMS because
it has a programming language style, others may like canned solutions.
Who will decide what is good for the industry in general?

Arpad