[SI-LIST] Re: package SSN model accuracy requirements

  • From: "Pratt, Gary" <gary_pratt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ray.anderson@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 20:40:10 -0500

Actually, there was one irreverent poster who was saying SSO could be
done with IBIS (as it stands today).  That is assuming one can generate
an accurate (causal, passive, etc) s-parameter model for an appropriate
section of the package (with say, up to perhaps 200 ports). =20

IBIS 4.1 with IEEE standard 1076.1 provides all the facilities one would
need to create an IBIS standard model which would simulate supply
current and driver output characteristics to any level of accuracy
desired.  Couple this with an SI tool that accepts large s-parameter
models, and I believe you are ready to roll. =20

Couple this with silicon configuration software that can write an IBIS
4.1 file, and one has the makings of an easy to use application for SSO
analysis. =20

Gary