[SI-LIST] Re: package SSN model accuracy requirements

  • From: "Pratt, Gary" <gary_pratt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <heyfitch@xxxxxxxx>, "SI List" <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:10:01 -0500

Vadim,

My understanding of the primary source of problem in SSO is the package
power and ground planes feeding the bank being switched.  If my simple
understanding is correct, I'm confused on how a model containing
anything less thane the power/gnd planes (and bumps, etc), and *all* the
devices in a bank could be accurate or useful. =20

Of course, if the primary source of the problem is trace coupling, and
not power/gnd plane limitations, then it seems only a handful of nearby
traces are required.  In this case, does this not then just boil down to
a simple cross-talk analysis (where any good SI tool that can do a
multi-board simulation and accept an encrypted package file would do)?

Gary